Check out this blog post to learn how to infuse coconut oil with cannabis. You will need a few supplies and some basic knowledge of cannabis.
Checkout this video:
Coconut oil is a great option for infusing cannabis. It’s a healthy, satiating fat that can be used in many different recipes. You can use it to infuse other oils, butter, and even honey.
When working with coconut oil, it’s important to remember that it has a very low melting point. This means that it can easily turn from a solid to a liquid, and back again. Because of this, you’ll want to store your infused coconut oil in a dark, cool place. The fridge is usually a good option.
Coconut oil is also a very versatile ingredient. You can use it in savory or sweet recipes, and infuse it with either indica or sativa strains of cannabis. It’s up to you!
What You Need
-1 cup of water
-1/8 ounce of cannabis
-Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
-Slow cooker or double boiler
1. Decarboxylate your cannabis. Preheat your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread your cannabis on a baking sheet and bake for 110 minutes. This process will activate the THC in your cannabis so that it will be infused into the coconut oil.
2. Grind your decarboxylated cannabis coarsely. You don’t want it too fine, or it will get stuck in the strainer.
3. Put water and coconut oil into the slow cooker or double boiler and set it to low heat.
4. Once the coconut oil has melted, add the ground cannabis and stir gently.
5. Keep the mixture on low heat for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t burn.
6. After 3-4 hours, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly before straini
Cannabis-infused coconut oil is a popular choice for many people who enjoy cooking with marijuana. The oil is a great way to infuse cannabutter or other oils with THC, CBD, or other cannabinoids. The process is relatively simple and only requires a few ingredients and supplies.
-1 cup of coconut oil
-1-2 ounces of cannabis trim or flower
-Jar or container for storing the finished product
-Double boiler or slow cooker/crock pot
-Strainer or cheesecloth
1. Decarb your cannabis. This can be done by spreading it on a baking sheet and heating it in an oven at 220-250 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour. Or, place your trim or flower in a Mason jar and submerge it in a pot of water. Heat the water on low until it reaches between 190-200 degrees Fahrenheit and maintain that temperature for 90 minutes. This will decarboxylate the THC without burning off any of the cannabinoids.
2. Combine the coconut oil and decarbed cannabis in your double boiler or crock pot/slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
3. If using a double boiler, heat the mixture on low until it reaches between 245-280 degrees Fahrenheit and maintain that temperature for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. If using a crock pot/slow cooker, set it to low and let it cook for 6-8 hours, again stirring occasionally.
4. Once the infusion is complete, let the mixture cool slightly then strain it through cheesecloth into a Mason jar or another storage container. Be sure to squeeze all of the oil out of the plant material so you don’t leave any behind!
5. Your cannabis coconut oil is now ready to use in any recipe that calls for oil! You can also use it topically as a skin moisturizer or hair treatment
Coconut oil is praised for its numerous health benefits, which include promoting weight loss, improving heart health, and reducing inflammation. Cannabis is known to offer similar benefits, making coconut oil an ideal carrier for those looking to make their own cannabis-infused products.
Coconut oil is a great choice for infusing with cannabis for several reasons. First, it has a high fat content, which helps to extract more of the active compounds from the cannabis plant. Additionally, coconut oil is solid at room temperature, making it easy to work with and measure out precise doses.
Cannabis-infused coconut oil can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used in cooking and baking recipes or applied topically for localized pain relief. It can also be added to your favorite lotions and creams or used as a massage oil.
Can cannabis-infused coconut oil be used topically?
Yes, you can use cannabis-infused coconut oil topically. Just be sure to do a small patch test first to see if you have any reaction. Start with a low concentration and increase as needed.
Can I use a different oil other than coconut oil?
Yes, you can use other oils, but coconut oil is one of the best oils for infusing with cannabis. It has a high saturated fat content which helps the cannabinoids bind to the oil.
What is the best way to store cannabis-infused coconut oil?
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. Cannabis-infused coconut oil will last for up to 6 months.