Learn how to juice cannabis for optimal health benefits by following these simple tips. You will need a juicer, cannabis, and some basic knowledge of juicing.
Checkout this video:
Why juice cannabis?
Cannabis is a unique plant in that it contains over 100 different cannabinoids, including CBD and THC. These cannabinoids interact with the human body in different ways, providing a variety of health benefits. However, some people are unable to consume cannabis in traditional ways (smoking or eating edibles) due to health concerns or personal preferences. For these people, juicing raw cannabis is an excellent way to consume cannabinoids and obtain their health benefits.
Cannabis juice is also a great option for people who want to avoid the psychoactive effects of THC. Because juicing removes the plant’s fibrous material, it leaves behind most of the THC but still contains other cannabinoids like CBD, CBG, and CBC. These cannabinoids provide many of the same health benefits as THC without making you feel high.
In addition to cannabinoids, cannabis leaves and buds are packed with vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial compounds like chlorophyll and terpenes. Juicing raw cannabis allows you to consume these compounds in concentrations that would be difficult to obtain through other methods of consumption.
The benefits of juicing cannabis.
Marijuana has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries. The plant contains more than 100 active compounds, including cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system to provide a range of health benefits.
Recent studies have shown that juicing raw cannabis leaves can increase these health benefits by making the plant’s active compounds more bioavailable to the body. Juicing also allows you to consume cannabis without smoking it, which is beneficial for people who are unable or unwilling to smoke.
Here are some of the potential health benefits of juicing raw cannabis leaves:
1. Boosting immunity: Cannabis is loaded with antioxidants and phytocannabinoids like CBD and THC, which have been shown to help boost immunity by protecting cells from damage and promoting cell growth.
2. Reducing inflammation: Cannabis juice has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation throughout the body. This can be beneficial for conditions like Crohn’s disease, joint pain, and allergies.
3. Managing pain: Cannabis juice can help relieve pain by interacting with cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system. This effect is thought to be mediated by CBD and THC, which are both present in cannabis juice in high concentrations.
4. Improving skin health: The antioxidants in cannabis juice can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, while the anti-inflammatory properties may help reduce acne flare-ups. Cannabis juice is also thought to promote collagen production, which can improve skin elasticity and radiance.
How to juice cannabis.
Cannabis juice is a powerful and healthy way to consume cannabis. When juicing cannabis, the plant’s raw THCA and CBDA are converted into bioavailable THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids, making it much easier for our bodies to absorb and benefit from them. Cannabis juice is also a great way to get your daily dose of greens!
Here are some tips on how to juice cannabis for optimal health benefits:
1. Use fresh, raw cannabis leaves and trim. If you’re using dried cannabis, rehydrate the leaves first by soaking them in water overnight.
2. Use a juicer designed for leafy greens. We recommend the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer, which does an excellent job of juicing cannabis leaves.
3. Juice your cannabis with other nutrient-rich leafy greens like spinach, kale, or Swiss chard. This will help mask the taste of the cannabis and make the juice more palatable.
4. Start slowly with 1-2 ounces of juiced cannabis per day, and increase the amount gradually as needed. Some people find that they feel the effects of juiced cannabis more strongly than if they had smoked or eaten it, so it’s important to start slow and increase the dose gradually as needed.
5. Store your juiced cannabis in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3-5 days for optimal freshness and potency.
Recipes for cannabis juice.
Cannabis is now legal in many states across the US and Canada, and more people are interested in its potential health benefits. One way to consume cannabis is by juicing the leaves and flowers. This provides a concentrated dose of nutrients and can be easily added to other juices or smoothies. Here are some recipes to get you started:
Green Goddess Juice
-1 cup spinach
-1 cup parsley
-1/2 cup kale
-1/2 cup cilantro
-1/4 cup mint
-2 inches of ginger, peeled
-1 lemon, peeled
-1 Lime, peeled
-1 inch of turmeric, peeled (or 1 tsp ground turmeric)
-3 cloves of garlic, peeled
-2 stalks of celery, trimmed
-2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
-1 apple, trimmed and cored
-handful of cannabis leaves and flowers (about 1 gram)
Directions: Wash all produce thoroughly. Juice ingredients in order listed using a juicer. Stir in cannabis leaves and flowers last. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.