This guide will show you how to make cannabis coconut oil, a versatile and healthy cooking oil perfect for infusing with your favorite recipes.
Checkout this video:
Coconut oil is a great way to infuse cannabis into a recipe. It’s easy to make and can be used in a variety of different dishes.
Here’s a quick guide on how to make cannabis coconut oil:
1. Start by heating up your coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add your ground cannabis and stir gently.
3. Keep the mixture at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer into a bowl or jar.
5. Let the oil cool completely before using it in your favorite recipes.
What You Need
To make cannabis coconut oil, you will need the following supplies:
-Cannabis trim or bud
-Cheesecloth or other strainer
-Mason jar or other storage container
The ratio of cannabis to coconut oil that you use will depend on the strength of your cannabis and your personal preferences. A good starting point is 1 ounce (28 grams) of cannabis to 1 cup (237 ml) of coconut oil, but you may want to use more or less depending on your needs.
1. Decarboxylate your cannabis. This is an important step because it activates the THC in the cannabis so that it will be more effective when used medicinally. To decarboxylate, grind your cannabis and spread it out on an oven-safe dish. Bake at 240°F (115°C) for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
2. Add the decarboxylated cannabis to a saucepan with the coconut oil. Heat over low heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Line a strainer with cheesecloth and place it over a Mason jar or other storage container. Pour the mixture through the strainer to strain out the plant material.
4. Store your cannabis coconut oil in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
The process of making cannabis coconut oil is relatively simple. All you need is a slow cooker, some coconut oil, and ground cannabis.
Slow cookers are ideal for this process because they allow for a gentle and low heat that won’t damage the cannabinoids in the cannabis. Be sure to use a slow cooker that has a “warm” setting, as higher temperatures will cause the cannabinoids to degrade.
Coconut oil is an ideal choice for making cannabis oil because it has a high saturated fat content, which helps to bind the cannabinoids to the oil. It also has a neutral flavor, so it won’t affect the taste of your finished product.
Once you have your ingredients assembled, you’ll simply need to combine them in the slow cooker and let them simmer for a few hours. The longer you cook the mixture, the more potent it will be. Just be sure not to let it boil, as this will damage the cannabinoids.
Once your cannabis coconut oil is finished cooking, you can strain it using a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove any residual plant matter. Store your finished product in a dark glass jar or container in a cool, dark place. Cannabis coconut oil can last for several months when stored properly.
Why Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is an amazing cooking oil that has a host of health benefits. It’s also very effective at extracting THC from cannabis. Cannabis coconut oil is a great option for people who want to avoid smoking or vaporizing marijuana.
Coconut oil has a high saturated fat content, which makes it perfect for extracting THC. Saturated fats are known to bind with cannabinoids, and the fatty acids in coconut oil will help to extract more THC from your cannabis.
Coconut oil is also a great carrier oil for marijuana. It can be used to make edibles, topicals, and tinctures. Cannabis coconut oil is also a great way to infuse your favorite recipes with marijuana.
Tips and Tricks
Making cannabis coconut oil is a great way to conserve your weed. You can use it in recipes orapply it topically.
The process is pretty simple. All you need is some coconut oil, weed, and a heat source. I like to use a crockpot set on low heat for my infusions.
Coconut oil has a high saturated fat content which makes it ideal for infusing with cannabis. The saturated fats help to extract more THC from the plant material.
I like to start with around 1 ounce of decarboxylated cannabis per cup of coconut oil.
Once you have your ingredients, simply combine them in the crockpot and let it cook for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
After 2-3 hours, turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly. Then, using a coffee filter or cheesecloth, strain the mixture into another container.
And that’s it! You now have weed-infused coconut oil that you can use in any recipe that calls for regular coconut oil, or apply topically as needed.
Hopefully this guide was helpful in explaining how to make cannabis coconut oil reddit. Coconut oil is a great option for those looking for a healthy, flavorful oil to use in their cooking. Cannabis coconut oil can be used in a variety of recipes, so get creative and enjoy!