Learn how to make a cannabis-infused olive oil using this easy recipe, perfect for using in recipes or as a topical oil.
Checkout this video:
Why make cannabis infused olive oil?
Infusing your own olive oil with cannabis is a great way to make use of leftover stems, trim, or even whole bud. Not only is it a delicious and versatile way to consume cannabis, but it’s also packed with healthy fats and antioxidants.
Making cannabis infused olive oil is a relatively simple process that can be done in just a few hours. The hardest part is waiting for the oil to infuse! Here’s everything you need to know about how to make cannabis olive oil.
What You’ll Need:
-1 cup of olive oil
-Up to 1 ounce of ground cannabis (bud, trim, or shake)
-A tightly sealing jar or container
-Cheesecloth or a coffee filter
-A stovetop or hot plate
How to Make It:
1. Decide how potent you want your cannabis olive oil to be. For this recipe, we used 1 ounce of ground cannabis per cup of olive oil. If you want a less potent oil, use less cannabis. If you want a more potent oil, use more cannabis. Keep in mind that the potency of your final product will also depend on the THC content of your starting material.
2. Place the ground cannabis in the jar or container and pour in the olive oil. Make sure the ground weed is completely submerged in the oil.
3. Securely seal the jar or container and place it in a saucepan filled with water. The water should come up about halfway up the sides of the container.
4. Place the saucepan on the stovetop over low heat and simmer for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. After 3-4 hours, remove the jar or container from the saucepan and allow it to cool for a few minutes before opening it up.
The benefits of cannabis olive oil
Cannabis olive oil is a potent and versatile product that can be used in a variety of ways. The benefits of using cannabis olive oil are many, including the fact that it can help to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and improve overall wellness.
Cannabis olive oil is made by infusing olive oil with cannabis. This process can be done using either fresh or dried cannabis. The resulting product is a potent and flavorful oil that can be used in a variety of different ways.
One of the most popular ways to use cannabis olive oil is as a cooking ingredient. It can be used in place of regular olive oil when cooking or baking edibles. Cannabis olive oil can also be used topically, or added to lotions and creams for added therapeutic benefits.
If you are looking for a potent and versatile product that can offer many different benefits, then cannabis olive oil may be right for you!
The best olive oil for cannabis infusion
When it comes to olive oil, there are different grades and qualities. For cannabis infusion, you want to use a high-quality, extra virgin olive oil. This type of olive oil has a higher concentration of healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants, which helps to preserve the cannabinoid content when infusing it into the oil.
To infuse your olive oil with cannabis, you will need:
-1 cup of high-quality, extra virgin olive oil
-1/8 ounce (3.5 grams) of dried cannabis flower or trim
-Airtight glass jar or container
-Cheesecloth or coffee filter
1. Preheat your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread your cannabis onto a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. This process is called decarboxylation and it activates the THC in the cannabis so that it can be infused into the oil.
3. Once the cannabis is finisheddecarboxylating, let it cool before grinding it into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or food processor.
4. Pour the olive oil into your glass jar or container, and then add the ground cannabis. Stir until everything is well combined.
5. Seal your jar or container tightly and then store it in a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks so that the infusion can take place.
6. After 2-3 weeks, strain the mixture using a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove all of the plant matter from the oil.
How to make cannabis infused olive oil
Cannabis olive oil is a great way to infuse your favorite recipes with the benefits of cannabis. The process is simple and only requires a few ingredients and supplies.
What you’ll need:
-1 cup of olive oil
-1/4 ounce of cannabis trim or bud (decarboxylated)
-1 rubber band
-1 Mason jar or other heat proof container
1. Preheat your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread your cannabis trim or bud on a baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes. This process is called decarboxylation and ensures that the THC in your cannabis is activated, making it more potent.
2. Let the cannabis cool, then grind it into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or pestle and mortar.
3. Pour the olive oil into a saucepan over low heat, and add the ground cannabis. Stirring occasionally, let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours.
4. Line a funnel with cheesecloth, and secure it with a rubber band. Pour the infused olive oil mixture through the funnel into the Mason jar or other heat proof container. Store in a cool, dark place until ready to use.
Tips for making cannabis infused olive oil
Cannabis-infused olive oil is a great way to infuse the potent medicinal benefits of marijuana into a healthy fat. While olive oil has a relatively low smoking point, it can still be used to cook many kinds of food. Keep in mind that using this method will result in a somewhat “green” flavor to your final product.
Here are some tips for making cannabis-infused olive oil:
– Start with a high quality olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil has a lower smoking point than other types of olive oil, so it’s best to avoid using it for this recipe.
– Grind your cannabis finely before adding it to the oil. This will help ensure that the THC is extracted from the plant material and into the final product.
– Use a mason jar or other heat-safe container to infuse the cannabis and olive oil mixture. Be sure to protect your hands when handling hot glass!
– Place the jar of cannabis and olive oil mixture in a saucepan filled with water. The water should come up about halfway up the side of the jar.
– Cook over low heat for several hours, stirring occasionally. The longer you cook, the more potent the final product will be.
– Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before straining out the plant material using a cheesecloth or coffee filter.
– Store in a dark, cool place and enjoy!
How to use cannabis olive oil
Cannabis olive oil is a great way to use marijuana. It can be used in cooking or as a salad dressing. It can also be used on its own as a topical ointment.
Here is a basic recipe for cannabis olive oil:
-1 ounce of cannabis (bud, trim or shake)
-1 cup of olive oil
-1/4 cup of water
-1 tablespoon of lemon juice
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon of sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
-Place the cannabis in a mason jar. Add the olive oil and water.
-Close the jar tightly and shake well.
-Let the mixture sit for 24 hours, then strain out the cannabis using a cheesecloth or coffee filter.
-Store the infused olive oil in a dark, cool place.
The effects of cannabis olive oil
Cannabis oil has risen to prominence in recent years as a key ingredient in many dishes and cosmetic products. But what are the effects of cannabis olive oil?
Cannabis olive oil is made by infusing olive oil with cannabis. This can be done by either grinding up cannabis and mixing it into the olive oil, or by using a carrier oil like coconut oil to extract the cannabinoids from the cannabis plant material.
The resulting product can be used in any dish or cosmetic recipe that calls for olive oil. It can also be taken orally as a dietary supplement, or used topically for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Cannabis olive oil is high in both THC and CBD, two of the most well-known cannabinoids. THC is responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis, while CBD is known for its medicinal properties. Both of these cannabinoids are known to have therapeutic benefits when used individually or in combination with each other.
Some of the potential benefits of using cannabis olive oil include: reduced inflammation, pain relief, anxiety relief, improved sleep, and more. Cannabis olive oil can also be used topically to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
If you’re interested in trying cannabis olive oil, be sure to check your local laws before purchasing or consuming it. In some places, it may only be legal for medical patients or adults over 21 years old.
Recipes for cannabis olive oil
Olive oil is a popular choice for infusing cannabis. It’s easy to make and can be used in a variety of recipes.
There are two methods you can use to make cannabis olive oil. The first method is to directly infuse the olive oil with cannabis. This method is quick and easy, but it does not extract all of the active ingredients from the plant material.
The second method is to first make cannabutter or canna-oil, and then use that to infuse the olive oil. This method takes longer, but it will result in a more potent final product.
Here are two recipes for making cannabis olive oil using these methods:
Direct Infusion Method:
-1 cup of olive oil
-1 ounce of finely ground cannabis flower or trim
– Cheesecloth or coffee filter
-Slow cooker or saucepan
1. Place the olive oil and cannabis in the slow cooker or saucepan.
2. Heat the mixture gently, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 hours. Do not let it come to a boil.
3. Let the mixture cool slightly, then strain it through the cheesecloth or coffee filter into a clean container.
4. Store your cannabis olive oil in a cool, dark place. It will keep for up to six months.
Cannabutter or Canna-Oil Infusion Method:
-1 cup of butter or 1 cup of canna-oil* (see recipe below) – 1 cup of olive oil – Cheesecloth or coffee filter – Slow cooker or saucepan Instructions: 1. If you are using cannabutter, skip this step. If you are using canna-oil, heat the oil gently in a slow cooker or saucepan for 3-4 hours until it is fully infused with cannabinoids (see recipe below). 2. Add the butter or canna-oil and olive oil to the slow cooker or saucepan and heat gently for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. Do not let it come to a boil. 3
Storage and shelf life of cannabis olive oil
Proper storage is key to maintaining the freshness and Potency of your olive oil. Keep this in mind when making your own cannabis-infused olive oil at home.
-Olive oil is best stored in a cool, dark place.
-Cannabis olive oil will last for 2-3 months when stored in a cool, dark place.
-When stored in the refrigerator, cannabis olive oil will last for 6-8 months.
To extend the shelf life of your cannabis olive oil, you can keep it in the freezer. Cannabis olive oil will last for 12 months when stored in the freezer.
Troubleshooting cannabis olive oil
There are a few things that can go wrong when making cannabis olive oil. Below are some tips on how to troubleshoot your cannabis olive oil so that it turns out perfect every time!
-If your olive oil is not infusing with the cannabis properly, make sure that you are using a high-quality olive oil and that the cannabis is ground very finely.
-If your olive oil is too strong, try using less cannabis or boiling off some of the alcohol.
-If your olive oil is not strong enough, try using more cannabis or infusing for a longer period of time.