You don’t need to be a professional cannabis chef to make your own cannabis-infused lotion at home. Here’s a simple recipe for cannabis lotion that anyone can make.
Checkout this video:
Making your own cannabis lotion at home is a relatively simple process that can produce amazing results. Cannabis lotions can be used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and moisturize the skin. They can also be used as a form of aromatherapy, providing a soothing and relaxing effect.
The most important thing to remember when making cannabis lotion is to use high-quality ingredients. This includes using high-quality cannabis oil or extract, as well as other moisturizing ingredients such as coconut oil or shea butter. Additionally, it’s important to consider the ratio of CBD to THC in your cannabis oil or extract, as this will determine the potency of your lotion.
Here are some simple tips for making your own cannabis lotion at home:
1. Start by infusing coconut oil with cannabis. This can be done by simmering coconut oil and cannabis in a double boiler for several hours. Be sure to Stir occasionally and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth when finished.
2. Next, mix the infused coconut oil with an equal amount of shea butter. You can do this using a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl. If using a microwave, be sure to heat the mixture in short bursts, stirring often to prevent scorching.
3. Once the infused coconut oil and shea butter are combined, add any essential oils or fragrances that you wish to use for added aromatherapy benefits. Mix well and pour into storage containers. Be sure to label properly and store in a cool, dark place.
The Benefits of Cannabis Lotion
Cannabis lotion can offer a number of benefits for your skin. Cannabis is known to be anti-inflammatory, which can help reduce redness and swelling. It can also help to soothe itchiness and dryness. Cannabis lotion can also provide pain relief for conditions like arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
The Dos and Don’ts of Making Cannabis Lotion
Making your own cannabis lotion at home is a great way to get the most out of your weed. You can customize it to your own preferences, and you don’t have to worry about any sketchy ingredients.
But there are a few things you should keep in mind if you want to make the best possible cannabis lotion. Here are some dos and don’ts to follow.
Do: Use high-quality cannabis.
The better the quality of your cannabis, the better your lotion will be. If you can, use bud that’s been trimmed and dried properly. And if you’re using concentrates, make sure they’re clean and pure.
Don’t: Use too much cannabis.
It’s easy to overdo it when making cannabis lotion. Start with a small amount of weed and increase the amount if needed. Remember, you can always add more, but you can’t take it out once it’s in there!
Do: Decarboxylate your cannabis first.
This is an important step that too many people skip when making cannabis lotion (or any other type of weed product). Without decarboxylation, your lotion won’t be as effective since the THC won’t be activated. Make sure to decarb your weed before adding it to the mixture.
Don’t: Forget to strain the mixture.
Straining is important if you want a smooth, nice-looking final product. No one wants chunks of weed in their lotion! Use cheesecloth or a coffee filter to strain out any plant matter before adding the mixture to a container.
Do: Store it in a cool, dark place. Like all weed products, cannabis lotion will degrade over time if it’s not stored properly. Keep it in a cool, dark place (like a cabinet) and it should last for several months without any problems
Cannabis-infused lotions, creams, and topicals are some of the most popular products on the market today. But why go to the dispensary when you can easily make your own at home? Not only is it simple to do, but you can customize your cannabis lotion to have exactly the cannabinoids, aroma, and texture that you want. Here’s how to do it.
What You’ll Need:
-1/4 cup coconut oil
-1/4 cup shea butter
-1/4 cup beeswax
-1/2 cup almond oil
-1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
-2 tablespoons cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil
-10 drops essential oils (optional)
1. Combine the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax in a double boiler or a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Heat the mixture until it is melted and combined.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the almond oil and vitamin E oil until combined.
3. Add the cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil and stir until combined.
4. Add essential oils if desired.
5. Pour into a clean glass jar or container and allow to cool completely before sealing with a lid.
The Final Product
Once you have your lotion, it’s time to test it out. Start by applying a small amount to the inside of your forearm. If you experience any irritation, discontinue use immediately. If everything goes smoothly, apply the lotion to the rest of your body as you would any other lotion. Make sure to store your cannabis lotion in a cool, dark place to preserve its potency and freshness.