Learn how to make your own Cannabis seeds at home with this easy to follow guide. You’ll need a few supplies, but it’s easy to do and you’ll end up with quality seeds that will grow great plants.
Checkout this video:
Why would you want to make your own cannabis seeds? The most common reason is to produce plants that are genetically identical (or “clones”) of a beloved mother plant. Cloning is the only way to ensure that a plant’s genes are passed on exactly as they are, which is important for maintaining a consistent quality in the resulting crop. Making cannabis seeds is also a great way to produce new strains, or to preserve existing ones.
What You Will Need
-A pot or planting container for each seed
-A source of light
1. Start with high-quality cannabis seeds. You can find these at a dispensary or online.
2. Choose a pot or planting container for each seed. Make sure each pot has drainage holes.
3. Fill each pot with potting soil. The soil should be loose and airy, not compacted.
4. Place one seed in the center of each pot, about 1/2 inch (1 cm) below the surface of the soil. Gently press the seed into the soil so that it is partly covered.
5. Water the soil until it is evenly moist, but not soggy. Avoid getting water on the seeds themselves.
6. Place the pots in a warm, sunny location or under grow lights. The temperature should be between 70 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit (21 and 29 degrees Celsius).
7. Keep the soil moist by watering as needed, but avoid getting water on the leaves of the plants to prevent mildew from forming.
To make your own cannabis seeds, you will need to start with a female cannabis plant that is in the flowering stage. Once you have selected a plant, you will need to wait until the flowers are ready to be pollinated. This usually happens towards the end of the flowering stage.
When the flowers are ready, you will need to carefully remove the male pollen sacs from a male cannabis plant. The pollen sacs will be located on the tips of the leaves. Once you have collected the pollen, you can sprinkle it over the female flowers.
Once the flowers have been pollinated, you will need to wait for them to mature and grow seed pods. This usually takes around 6-8 weeks. Once the seed pods are mature, you can cut them open and collect the seeds.
Curing the Seeds
Curing the seeds is a process of allowing the psychoactive compound THC to degrade. Over time, THC will change into a less potent form called CBN. The process of curing can be done by either storing the seeds in a cool, dark place for several months, or by drying them out completely and then storing them in an airtight container.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to make cannabis seeds. Making your own seeds is a great way to ensure that your plants are healthy and vigorous, and it can also be a fun project in itself. With a little bit of planning and care, you can produce some high-quality cannabis seeds that will give you great results.