- Why you should make your own cannabis seeds
- The benefits of making your own cannabis seeds
- How to make cannabis seeds – step by step guide
- The best strains of cannabis to make seeds from
- How to store your cannabis seeds
- The different ways to use cannabis seeds
- The pros and cons of making your own cannabis seeds
- How to make feminized cannabis seeds
- How to make autoflowering cannabis seeds
- Tips and tricks for making the best cannabis seeds
This blog post will show you how to make your own cannabis seeds. You will need a male and female cannabis plant, and some patience.
Checkout this video:
Why you should make your own cannabis seeds
Making your own cannabis seeds is a great way to ensure that you have a steady supply of high-quality seeds for your personal use. There are a few different methods that you can use to make your own seeds, but the most common and effective method is to grow your own plants from clones or from seed.
If you choose to grow your own plants from clones, you will need to take care to select healthy mother plants that are free of pests and diseases. Once you have selected your mother plants, you will need to carefully take cuttings from them and plant them in soil or hydroponic media. Once the clones have rooted and are ready to be transplanted, they can be used to flower and create new seeds.
If you choose to grow your own plants from seed, you will need to start by collecting pollen from male plants. Once you have collected the pollen, you will need to carefully apply it to the pistils of female flowers. After the pollen has been applied, the flowers will need to be covered in order to prevent any further pollination from occurring. Once the flowers have been pollinated, they will begin to produce seed pods which can be harvested and used to create new seeds.
The benefits of making your own cannabis seeds
Making your own cannabis seeds has many benefits. You can control the quality of the seeds, ensuring that they are higher quality than what you would find at a dispensary. You can also choose the strain of cannabis that you want to grow, making it easier to find the perfect strain for your needs. In addition, growing your own cannabis saves you money in the long run, as you will not have to purchase seeds from a dispensary or other source.
How to make cannabis seeds – step by step guide
The cannabis plant produces two types of seeds – regular seeds and feminized seeds. Both seed types will grow healthy cannabis plants, but feminized seeds are bred to only produce female plants, which is advantageous to growers who want to avoid the hassle of sexing their plants (more on that later). In this guide, we will show you how to make both regular and feminized cannabis seeds.
To make regular cannabis seeds, you will need:
-1 male cannabis plant
-1 female cannabis plant
-Pollen collector (can be a small paintbrush)
-Container for storing the seeds (an airtight jar works well)
To make feminized cannabis seeds, you will need:
1 female cannabis plant
Chemical treatment (such as Silver Thiosulfate or Gibberellic Acid)
Container for storing the seeds (an airtight jar works well)
Here are the steps for making regular cannabis seeds:
1. Wait for the male plant to produce pollen. This usually happens about halfway through the flowering stage.
2. Use a pollen collector to brush the pollen from the male flowers onto the stigma of the female flowers.
3. Wait for the flowers to be pollinated and then ripe – this usually takes about 2 weeks.
4. Cut off the ripe flowers and hang them upside down in a dry, dark place until they are thoroughly dried out (this usually takes about 1 week).
5. Break up the dried flowers and remove all the stems and leaves. What you’re left with should be just the dry buds.
6. Put your buds into an airtight container and store them in a cool, dark place until you’re ready to use them.
Here are the steps for making feminized cannabis seeds:
1. Start with a healthy female plant that is in late vegetative growth or early flowering stages. 2. Apply your chosen chemical treatment according to instructions – usually this means spraying or dipping the leaves in a solution containing silver thiosulfate or gibberellic acid . 3. Wait for 2 weeks and then check your plant – you should see small, white pistils forming where there were none before . 4. Once most of the pistils have turned white , it’s time to harvest your plant . 5 . Cut off all the branches and hang them upside down in a dry, dark place until they are thoroughly dried out (this usually takes about 1 week). 6 . Break up the dried flowers and remove all of stem s and leaves . What you’re left with should just be dry buds . 7 . Put your buds into an airtight container 8 . Store them in a cool, dark place until you’re ready to use them .
The best strains of cannabis to make seeds from
Different strains of cannabis will produce different results when grown, so it is important to select a strain that is known to produce high-quality seeds. Some good strains of cannabis to make seeds from include:
How to store your cannabis seeds
Assuming you have already obtained your cannabis seeds, the next step is to learn how to store them correctly. After all, bad storage is one of the most common reasons why people end up with busted seeds.
The ideal storage solution is a airtight, dark container that will protect the seeds from both light and moisture. You can find specialised cannabis seedling containers online, or use a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Once your seeds are in their container, make sure to keep them in a cool (but not cold), dark place. A cupboard or drawer away from any windows or heat sources is ideal. You should also try to keep the temperature as stable as possible, as sudden changes can cause the seeds to go dormant.
The different ways to use cannabis seeds
Cannabis seeds can be used in many different ways. Some people prefer to use them for medicinal purposes, while others simply enjoy the taste and smell of the plant. No matter what your reason for using cannabis seeds, there are a few different ways to go about it.
The most common way to use cannabis seeds is to smoke them. This can be done by either rolling them up into a joint or by using a pipe or bong. Smoking cannabis seeds will give you a mild high that can last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. If you want to get the most out of your cannabis seeds, it is best to grind them up before smoking them. This will help you to get a more even burn and will also release more of the plant’s THC.
Another popular way to use cannabis seeds is to make edibles out of them. Edibles are any food that has been infused with THC from the plant. THC-infused edibles can come in many different forms, such as brownies, cookies, gummies, and even candy bars. Eating an edible will give you a much stronger high than smoking the plant would because the THC is absorbed into your bloodstream through your digestive system. Edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to kick in, so it is important to be patient if you are trying them for the first time.
Cannabis seeds can also be used to make oils and tinctures. These products are typically used for medicinal purposes because they allow patients to get all of the benefits of THC without having to smoke the plant material. Oils and tinctures can be taken orally or added to food and drinks. They usually take effect within an hour or so after being consumed.
Finally, cannabis seeds can also be sprouted and eaten raw. Sprouted cannabis seeds are full of nutrients and offer many health benefits, such as increased energy levels and improved digestion. Raw cannabis seeds can be added to salads, smoothies, or simply eaten on their own as a healthy snack option.
The pros and cons of making your own cannabis seeds
Making your own cannabis seeds can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it does have its pros and cons. One of the biggest advantages of making your own seeds is that you can control the genetic makeup of your plants. This means that you can select for specific traits that you want in your plants, such as high THC levels or resistance to pests. You can also save money by making your own seeds, as buying them can be quite expensive. However, there are some downsides to making your own seeds as well. For instance, it takes a lot of time and effort to produce good quality seeds, and if you’re not careful, you can end up with plants that are weak or have low THC levels.
How to make feminized cannabis seeds
Cannabis seeds usually come in two different types, regular and feminized. While both will grow into wonderful plants that can be used for a variety of purposes, there are pros and cons to each kind. Feminized seeds are popular because they help growers avoid having to deal with male plants, which can end up pollinating the females and ruining the crop. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to make feminized cannabis seeds:
The first thing you need is a female cannabis plant that is in the vegetative stage of growth. Once you have found a suitable plant, you will need to clone it. This can be done by taking a cutting from the main stem and placing it in moist soil or growing medium. Once the cutting has taken root, it can be transplanted into its own pot.
The next step is to begin the process of stress-inducing the plant. This can be done by subjecting it to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness each day, or by changing the temperature or humidity levels in its grow environment. After about two weeks of this treatment, the plant should begin to show signs of stress, such as pistils that are pointing downwards or leaves that are curling inward.
Once the plant has shown these signs, it is time to start flowering it. This can be done by switchings its light cycle to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness each day. After about 6-8 weeks, you should start to see buds beginning to form on the plant. If all goes well, these buds will be exclusively female flowers.
At this point, you will need to stop stressing the plant so that it can focus its energy on producing flowers instead of leaves. To do this, simply return it to a normal light cycle and provide it with stable environmental conditions. Once the flowers have matured, you can harvest them and enjoy your very own batch of feminized cannabis seeds!
How to make autoflowering cannabis seeds
Autoflowering cannabis seeds are easy to grow, and they produce high-quality cannabis. You can grow autoflowering cannabis seeds indoors or outdoors, and they will flower automatically.
To make autoflowering cannabis seeds, you will need:
-A grow room or outdoor growing area
-Pots or containers
Here are the steps to follow to make autoflowering cannabis seeds:
1. Choose the right cannabis seeds. Not all cannabis seeds are autoflowering. Make sure you select autoflowering cannabis seeds from a reputable seed bank.
2. Germinate your seeds. This can be done using the paper towel method, the soil method, or the Rockwool method.
3. Plant your cannabis seeds in pots or containers filled with soil. Water your plants regularly and give them access to sunlight (if growing outdoors) or artificial light (if growing indoors).
4. Start to see small white flowers appearing on your plants after around 2-3 weeks. These flowers will turn into mature buds over time.
5) Allow your plants to keep growing until the buds are fully grown (this usually takes around 8 weeks).
6) Once the buds are fully grown, it’s time to harvest them! Cut down your plants and dry the buds in a dark, dry place for around 2 weeks. After this, your buds are ready to be smoked!
Tips and tricks for making the best cannabis seeds
Making your own cannabis seeds can be a fun and rewarding experience. With a little effort and patience, you can grow your own weed and produce high-quality cannabis seeds. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Start with strong, healthy parents. The better the quality of your starting materials, the better your chances of success. Choose plants that are vigorous and have good pollination potential.
2. Make sure your grow room is clean and sterile. This will help prevent contamination of your seeds.
3. Use a soil mix that is rich in organic matter. This will provide the nutrients your plants need to grow healthy and produce high-quality cannabis seeds.
4. Be patient! It can take several weeks for your plants to produce viable seeds. Do not harvest them too early or you may not get the results you want.