Tincture of Cannabis is a potent cannabis medicine that is easy and safe to make at home. This step-by-step guide will show you how.
Checkout this video:
What is a tincture of cannabis?
A tincture of cannabis is a concentrated liquid extract made from the flowers and leaves of the cannabis plant. It is typically green or brown in color and has a distinctive, potent aroma. Tinctures are usually taken by mouth, but can also be inhaled or applied topically.
Tinctures are an effective way to consume cannabis because they offer a discreet and convenient way to ingest the drug. They are also easy to make at home, and can be customized to have different potency levels depending on the person’s needs.
To make a tincture of cannabis, you will need:
-1 ounce (28 grams) of dried cannabis flowers or trim
-1 cup (237 ml) of high-proof alcohol such as vodka, Everclear, or grain alcohol
-A glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
-A coffee filter or cheesecloth
-A dark-colored glass bottle with a dropper top for storage
1. Grind the cannabis flowers or trim into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or food processor. Don’t grind the material too finely, or it will be difficult to strain later on.
2. Add the ground cannabis to the glass jar and pour in the alcohol until it covers the plant material completely.
3. Tightly screw on the lid and shake vigorously for two minutes. Then, let the mixture sit in a cool, dark place for two weeks, shaking it once per day.
4. After two weeks have passed, use the coffee filter or cheesecloth to strain the liquid into another container, being sure to squeeze out all of the tincture.
5. Pour the strained tincture into the dark glass bottle with a dropper top and store it in a cool, dark place for up to one year. Be sure to label your tincture with its contents and date so that you can keep track of its potency over time!
Why would you want to make a tincture of cannabis?
There are many reasons why you might want to make a tincture of cannabis. Tinctures are a very effective way to consume cannabis, as they are absorbed directly into the bloodstream and can provide relief from pain, anxiety, and other symptoms quickly. They are also easy to dose, and you can easily control how much or how little you consume.
Tinctures are also a very versatile form of cannabis, as they can be added to food or drinks, or simply taken by themselves. This makes them a great option for those who do not want to smoke cannabis but still want to enjoy its benefits.
Making your own tincture is relatively simple, and all you need is some high-quality cannabis and a few supplies from your local dispensary or online store.
What are the benefits of taking a tincture of cannabis?
There are many benefits of taking a tincture of cannabis. Tinctures are a great way to get the benefits of cannabis without having to smoke it. They are also easy to take, and they work quickly.
Tinctures can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions, including:
-Loss of appetite
How does a tincture of cannabis work?
A tincture of cannabis is a liquid extract made from the cannabis plant. It is usually taken by mouth, and the effects can last for several hours. Tinctures are usually made with alcohol or glycerin as the solvent, and they can be flavored with lemon or other essential oils. Tinctures are a convenient and discreet way to take cannabis, and they are often used by medical patients who need to take small doses of cannabis throughout the day.
What do you need to make a tincture of cannabis?
In order to make a tincture of cannabis, you will need the following supplies:
Once you have gathered your supplies, you will need to decarboxylate your cannabis. This can be done by baking it in an oven at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. Once the cannabis is decarboxylated, it will need to be ground up into small pieces. After it is ground up, put it into the mason jar and add enough alcohol to cover the cannabis. Let this mixture sit for 4-6 weeks, shaking it occasionally.
After 4-6 weeks have passed, strain the mixture using a coffee filter, strainer, and funnel. Once all the plant matter has been strained out, your tincture of cannabis is now ready to use. This tincture can be taken orally or added to food or drink.
How do you make a tincture of cannabis?
In its most basic form, a tincture is an extract made by soaking ground cannabis in high-proof alcohol like vodka or Everclear then straining the mixture. The ratio of cannabis to alcohol can vary widely, but a good rule of thumb is 1 gram of cannabis per 2-3 ounces of alcohol. Once you’ve made your tincture, it can be added to drinks or used as a drops under the tongue.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making your own tincture:
1. Decide what ratio of cannabis to alcohol you want to use. A good starting point is 1 gram of cannabis per 2-3 ounces of alcohol.
2. Grind your cannabis and place it in a jar or container.
3. Pour alcohol over the cannabis until it is fully submerged then seal the container tightly.
4. Place the container in a dark, cool place and allow it to steep for 4-6 weeks, shaking it occasionally.
5. After 4-6 weeks, strain the mixture using cheesecloth or a coffee filter and store your tincture in a dark, cool place.
How do you take a tincture of cannabis?
There are several ways to take a tincture of cannabis. The most common method is to place drops of the tincture under your tongue, hold for 30-60 seconds, and then swallow. This allows the active ingredients in the tincture to be absorbed directly into your bloodstream. Another method is to add drops of the tincture to a drink or food and consume it that way. Whichever method you choose, make sure you start with a low dose and increase gradually as needed.
What are the side effects of taking a tincture of cannabis?
The most common side effect of taking a tincture of cannabis is feeling relaxed and calm. You may also feel less anxious, more focused, and less stressed. Some people may feel lightheaded or dizzy. In rare cases, people may feel sleepy.
How long does a tincture of cannabis last?
Tinctures of cannabis are extremely potent and long lasting. They can last for months, or even years if stored properly in a cool, dark place. The length of time a tincture lasts depends on the amount of alcohol used to make it, as well as how many doses are taken per day. A tincture made with 100 proof vodka will last longer than one made with 70 proof vodka. Taking multiple doses per day will also shorten the duration of the tincture’s effects.
Can you make a tincture of cannabis at home?
Yes, you can make a tincture of cannabis at home. The process is similar to making a tea, except that you will be using alcohol instead of water to extract the cannabinoids from the plant material.
You will need:
-1 ounce (28 grams) of dried cannabis buds or trim
-16 ounces (454 ml) of high-proof alcohol such as vodka, Everclear, or spirits
-A glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
-Cheesecloth or a coffee filter
1. Grind the cannabis buds or trim and place them in the glass jar.
2. Pour the alcohol over the plant material and stir to combine.
3. Seal the jar tightly and store it in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks, shaking it daily. If you are in a hurry, you can place the sealed jar in a saucepan of water and heat it to just below boiling (90°C/194°F), then remove from heat and allow to cool before proceeding to step 4.
4. After 2 weeks (or less if you heated the mixture), strain the tincture through the cheesecloth or coffee filter into another clean glass container. discard the plant material.
5. Store the tincture in a cool, dark place for up to 2 years.