Learn what to do with your extra male cannabis plants with these seven great ideas. Whether you want to make some extra money or just want to be more sustainable, these tips will help you make the most of your male cannabis plants!
Checkout this video:
Make CBD oil
CBD oil is a popular product that many people use for various reasons. Some people use it for pain relief, while others use it to help with anxiety and stress. CBD oil can be made from both male and female cannabis plants, but the oil from male plants is said to be more potent. CBD oil is easy to make at home using a few simple ingredients. All you need is male cannabis, olive oil, and something to strain the oil with.
Make cannabis-infused topicals
You can make your own cannabis-infused topicals, like lotions, balms, and oils, using male cannabis plants. Male plants have lower levels of THC than females, so they won’t get you high. But they do contain other cannabinoids and terpenes that can interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
To make a topical, you’ll need to decarb your male cannabis (a process of heating it to activate the compounds). You can then infuse it into an oil or butter. Once you’ve made your infused oil or butter, you can use it to make a variety of topicals, like lotions, balms, and massage oils.
If you don’t want to make your own topicals, you can also look for products that are made with male cannabis. More and more companies are starting to produce these types of products, so they should be easy to find.
If you don’t want to smoke your weed, eating it is always an option. You can make all sorts of edibles with male cannabis plants, from weed brownies to THC gummies. The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can make, so get creative in the kitchen!
To make edibles, you’ll need to first infuse your male cannabis into a cooking fat like butter or oil. This process is called “decarboxylation” and it activates the THC in the plant so that you will get high from eating it. Once your fat is infused, you can use it in any recipe that calls for butter or oil. Just be sure to use caution when dosing, as it can be easy to eat too much and get too high!
Make a tincture
Tinctures are a fantastic way to make use of male cannabis plants, as they are a very potent and easy-to-dose form of cannabis medicine. Male cannabis plants contain high levels of cannabinoids, including THC and CBD, which make them ideal for making tinctures. To make a tincture, simply grind up the male cannabis plant material and soak it in high-proof alcohol for several weeks. You can then strain the plant material out and bottle the tincture for future use. Tinctures can be taken orally or added to drinks or food.
Make a tea
Male cannabis plants are often thought of as worthless and are often discarded. However, there are actually a number of ways to make use of them. Here are seven ideas for what to do with male cannabis plants:
1. Make a tea – Male cannabis plants can be used to make a tea. Simply simmer the leaves and flowers in water for 10-15 minutes, then strain. This tea can help to relax the body and mind.
2. Use as a topical – The cannabinoids in male cannabis plants can be used topically to help relieve pain or inflammation. Simply grind up the leaves and flowers and mix with a carrier oil, then apply to the skin as needed.
3. Make a tincture – Tinctures are another way to make use of male cannabis plants. To make a tincture, grind up the leaves and flowers and soak in vodka or another high-proof alcohol for several weeks. Once the tincture is finished, it can be taken orally by drops under the tongue or added to food or drinks.
4. Infuse into oils or butter – Male cannabis plants can also be used to infuse oils or butter, which can then be used in cooking or baking. Simply grind up the leaves and flowers and infuse into your chosen oil or butter using the method of your choice (slow cooker, double boiler, etc.), then strain out the plant matter once infusion is complete.
5. Make capsules – You can also make your own capsules using male cannabis plants. Simply grind up the leaves and flowers and fill capsules with the desired amount. These capsules can be taken orally just like any other supplement pill.
6. Feed to animals – Male cannabis plants can actually be beneficial for animals, both internally and externally. When fed to animals, cannabinoids can help with pain relief, inflammation, anxiety, appetite stimulation, and more. Cannabinoids can also be applied externally to animals in order to help with skin conditions like allergies or hot spots.
7. Compost – If you don’t want to use male cannabis plants for any of the above purposes, you can always compost them! Cannabis compost is an excellent way to add nutrients back into the soil
Make a smoothie
Start your day with a power-packed smoothie made with male cannabis leaves. Add some frozen berries, a banana, and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Male cannabis leaves are loaded with chlorophyll, which has energizing properties. This smoothie is a great way to start your day or have as a post-workout snack.
Make a salad
Add young, unfertilized male cannabis leaves to your next salad for a cannabinoid-rich experience. Be sure to chop the leaves finely so that they distribute evenly throughout the salad and don’t overpower the other flavors. You can also use older leaves, but they may be more tough and bitter.